I borrowed this recipe from a friend's Facebook wall. Yulius is from Indonesia and so when he posted this, I just couldn't resist. It looks delicious and I'll be trying it with my kids soon.
- 10 ounces spinach
- 7 ounces large shrimp
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 chilies, or adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Wash spinach and cut to size.
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
- Seed and chop the chilies elongated, as in the picture.
- Heat the butter.
- Put chopped onions, garlic and chilies in the hot butter.
- Saute until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp.
- Stir well.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil and oyster sauce.
- Cook briefly (1-2 minutes).
- Add the spinach.
- Stir fry briefly until the leaves are flaccid.
Serve with hot rice.