|I'm a big fan of Asian rice recipes and I found this recipe for Nasi Goreng over in Dutch-Indo Kitchen|
|Since there was no photo to go with the recipe, I added this one from google.|
A little of bacon cut in strips (if you do not like bacon, you can let go)
Sausage either beef or pork whichever you prefer, cut in small pieces
1 small onion, cut up...
1 small fresh garlic
a teaspoon of sambal oelek (= Indonesian hot Chili sauce)
a handful of green onions, cut in small pieces
2 medium size tomatoes
a little kecap manis (= Indonesian Sweet Soya sauce)
a little of salt
a little of Mrs. Dash
a little of Pepper
2 cups of rice (any kind you like) cooked and let stand for a little to cool off.
- Cook rice first (or you can use left over steamed rice from the night before)
- In a wok/wajan brown the bacon
- Add the onions and garlic until it is somewhat brown
- Add the sausages until it's a little brown
- Add 2 eggs, scramble until somewhat hard
- Add 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek (Use to your taste, if you like it hot, add more, if you do not want it hot, omit it, or just use a little)
- Add the rice
- Stir around to mix everything
- Add the Kecap Manis, about 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Stir well until all the rice is covered
- Add the spices, salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash and taste your Nasi Goreng
- Add whatever you think you need more of
- The last 2 things you add are the green onions and cut up tomatoes
- Stir everything well.
You can eat it with over-easy eggs on top of the Nasi Goreng
You can serve anything with it.
You can make it with Chicken, shrimp or beef too.