Monday, February 27, 2012

Cah Kangkung Udang

I borrowed this recipe from a friend's Facebook wall.  Yulius is from Indonesia and so when he posted this, I just couldn't resist.  It looks delicious and I'll be trying it with my kids soon.


  • Ingredients:

  • 10 ounces spinach
  • 7 ounces large shrimp
  • 1 onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 chilies, or adjust to taste
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
Directions:
  • Wash spinach and cut to size. 
  • Finely chop onion and garlic.   
  • Seed and chop the chilies elongated, as in the picture.   
  • Heat the butter. 
  • Put chopped onions, garlic and chilies in the hot butter.  
  • Saute until fragrant. 
  • Add the shrimp.  
  • Stir well. 
  • Add soy sauce, sesame oil and oyster sauce.  
  • Cook briefly (1-2 minutes). 
  • Add the spinach. 
  • Stir fry briefly until the leaves are flaccid.

Serve with hot rice.

Serves 3-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and openly welcome them but I had to set comments to moderation to prevent the verbal abuse by family members of an abusive ex, carrying on their family tradition.