Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Honey Lime Chicken ~ Saté

I am so sorry to be slacking off on my blogging, but life came along and distracted me. I'll try to do better... I promise. 

Originally, this didn't begin as a saté recipe but instead was more of a kabob.  Johannes did some tweaking to it and says it is a lot like sate but the lime and cilantro give it a "south of the border" flair.


Since I didn't have a photo from Johannes' take on this recipe,
I borrowed this one from  Kitchen Meets Girl.

If you're using bamboo skewers, soak your sticks in water for at least 5 minutes. Cut chicken into large chunks, and skewer. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons unrefined sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • juice of one lime
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1-2 teaspoon Siracha
  • Sambal Oelek, to taste
  • 2 tablespoon cilantro
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze with Honey and Pineapple
Instructions
  1. In a small bowl, combine your ingredients, through the cilantro. Mix thoroughly.
  2. Pour marinade over chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
  3. Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. In the last 5 minutes baste with glaze but be careful not to let it burn.


Oudoe,

Ingrid & Johannes


2 comments:

  1. It was delish ... Remember, since they've been marinating and cut in smaller chunks than whole pieces, don't grill too long, especially with breast, it can easily dry out, an alernative to breast is thigh .... Oooh, my !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine dark meat is even better.

      Delete

I love to read your comments and openly welcome them but I had to set comments to moderation to prevent the verbal abuse by family members of an abusive ex, carrying on their family tradition.